What If You Get Monkeypox?

a little boy with monkeypox
10ured tenured how to tutorials news science and technology what ifs and what is

Visits: 250

Fever, then swollen lymph nodes and then large lesions forming all over your body. After more than two years of Covid 19, the next pandemic might be spreading around the world and you could be the one of the first people to contract it. What would it do to your body? Where could you contract Monkeypox? Could it cause the next pandemic?

Monkeypox is the next virus everyone is talking about and just like Covid 19 its zoonotic ,meaning it can be transmitted to you from an infected animal. It’s similar to smallpox, but it isn’t quite that. Unlike Covid 19, monkeypox has been around for decades. Since the 1970’s, it’s been reported in Central and West Africa and just recently, the virus made into the Western world.

One thing that really worries scientists now’s that you don’t even have to go to Africa to get infected. You see, the world has dealt with Monkeypox before. Some of those infected may have brought it from Nigeria, which has been dealing with large outbreak since 2017.But this time, its different. It looks like it could be spread to you by getting intimate with someone.

Although HEALTH AUTHORITIES aren’t sure How people are catching monkeypox outside of Central West Africa. There is an Interesting Theory. It Suggest that you could get infected during sexual intercourse. Well, before you get excited science is still unclear if you get monkeypox specifically through sexual transmission but you could get it through bodily fluids, lesions or respiratory droplets of someone who’s already infected.

What scientists do know for sure is you can contract monkeypox if you come into contact with an infected animal’s body fluids and before you start being alert around monkeys, these primates don’t have much to do with spreading the virus Monkeypox is typically carried by small rodents like tree squirrels rope squirrels and dormice. If you were carrying the virus, you wouldn’t know right away. That’s because monkeypox has an incubation period between five and twenty one days.

What happens when the infection kicked in?

When the infection kicked in, the first thing you’d notice would be a fever you’d have a horrible headache and you’d feel very tired. These symptoms could last for up tp five days. At first it wouldn’t really much different from chickenpox or measles except you lymph nodes would get swollen so watch them closely.

After one to three days of fever, things would start getting worse. You’d experience a rash all over your face hand and feet. There’s a 70% chance you’d get an eruption inside your mouth and a 30% chance the rash would spread to your genitalia. It could even affect your eyes.

You could get lucky and only have a few lesions or you could have several thousands of them. First they’d look like slightly raised bumps on your skin. Then, they’d get filled with clear fluid. In one or two days, this fluid would get yellowish and about a week after that your lesions would dry up and fall off. Not too bad right? Unfortunately, it could get worse.

It’s possible that monkeypox wouldn’t be the only virus attacking your body. It could come with potentially serious secondary issues like pneumonia, encephalitis and infection of the corneas. And there’s not one approved treatment for monkeypox. Smallpox antivirals can help you treat monkeypox. But you could manage your symptoms by drinking lots of fluids and eating well. You should make sure that you’re vaccinated again smallpox. Scientist confirmed that the smallpox vaccine is about 85%effective at preventing monkeypox.

Other than that, you’d likely be gone after a couple of weeks. Only some scars on your skin would remain as a reminder that you’d contracted monkeypox. Overall, there’s no reason to panic and stock up on toilet paper. Monkeypox is no Covid 19. It can’t be transmitted across the room. Plus, monkeypox is nothing new. We weren’t prepared to face Covid 19. But we have decades of information on the monkeypox virus and a working vaccine. So Let’s not lose our heads over it. Unless we decided to stop all vaccinations altogether.

Total
0
Shares
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Prev
Why This Shark Is Impossible To Cage
sharked in a cage shark trying to escape from cage

Why This Shark Is Impossible To Cage

Visits: 212Did you know there is only one fish you will not find in any aquarium

Next
The Hidden Alien Lake
alien lake view alien lake photo

The Hidden Alien Lake

Visits: 232In the middle of the desert, there is a lake that looks like it was

You May Also Like